Mathematics sources online
Many of the canonical works in the history of mathematics can be found online. Let’s hope that more libraries receive funding to scan their collections. All the sites below are free.
- Digital Mathematics Library:
Author & title listing of works online, together with journals.
- World Digital Mathematics Library:
List of catalogues.
- Bibliothèque Nationale:
Among the thousands of texts now online are a number of texts in mathematics, mostly French.
- Cornell Historical Mathematics Monographs:
512 titles. These are 600 dpi bitonal scans made in the early 90s.
- Digitised European Periodicals:
Includes the Monatshefte fü Mathematik und Physik, v. 1 to 51.
- Das Göttinger Digitalisierungszentrum (GDZ):
Several hundred monographs and a thousand articles, mostly in German.
- Jahrbuch über die Fortschritte der Mathematik:
An important German journal; includes most of the volumes published between 1868 and 1931.
- University of Michigan Historical Mathematics Collection:
A good collection of old textbooks and important monographs. It was slow when I tried it.